Deer Hunting Forums banner

Surgery results

6K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  joel the signman 
#1 ·
Well I am typing one handed. More was wrong than suspected with my left shoulder Doc removed one inch of my left collar bone, repaired a torn rotator cuff, and removed the bursa. They did a nerve block of my left arm, my fingers, and hand are numb so it is like my left arm is paralized right now.

I just took the first oxicodone, because pain is hitting me now, but also have bag of ice on my shoulder.

Just wanted to let all of you know.

#2 ·
im sorry to hear that... oxicodine is nice i was on that when my right shoulder got yanked clean out of the socket... but all in all i hope u make a great recovery, hopefully u can shoot ur bow/gun soon again... just keep fighing and recover fast :boxing:

#5 ·
ride the sofa for awhile and heal up properly

#6 ·
From recent experience talking, just take it easy. I didn't and now am paying for it. 3-4 days and major pain will start to let up. I hope your recovery goes quick. Ice works wonders after 45 minutes. I packed my neck in ice 3-4 times a day for the first week and it did help. Thats some strong pain med your on, be careful. Good luck on that rehab!

#11 ·
Man that sounds like a whole lot of stuff jacked up in your shoulder. I have shoulder pain deep inside both shoulders along with elbow wrist and of course, knuckles. But the surgery was to get rid of the pain and I hope you recover quickly and get back to hunting. Good Luck!!!

#13 ·
and they have that chart with the smiley/frowing faces what a joke ya think they could come up with something better:rolleyes:

#15 ·
yep it definately alters your routine big time.hope ya got cable or satalite kick back and watch some hunting shows

#17 ·
I hate for anybody to mess with sleep, money, or hunting! Sounds like you lost all three in one whack. Maybe this comment will find you in a least less pain. Taking care of yourself now can make a big difference later. One Superman moment and you may be back in there next deer season. Man that would suck! Take it easy and be careful with that hillbilly heroin it is very addictive but works well when needed. :coffee:

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
Best of luck with your recovery. Have had my share of surgeries and know what you are going through. Have another one scheduled for january to get 3 permanent rods in my foot to try and subside my arthritis (I am 19 and have it bad already from a football accident). GET OFF PAINKILLERS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!! A good family friend was on the same stuff as you after exploding a foot (literally) and got hooked. Said he woke up shaking and would crush one, lick his finger and then swipe his tongue and would stop the shakes in 20 seconds. He refuses to ever take that strong of medicine again as it was he#! getting off the stuff without anything but his willpower. Get on over the counter stuff as soon as possible, as tough as it is it is the best thing for you because it can happen fast.

Best wishes in your recovery and hope all goes well and fast. Get back out in the woods soon.:thumbup:

#19 ·
Well I'm already down to just taking the meds once a day, and that is just before I go to sleep to aid in me sleeping..... dang it's 01:19am and ah it aint working.

Well but I am down to 99% free of the meds now.

I will be starting PT on Dec 3rd which will run 3 X for 4 weeks for now.

Coffee is still good at this time of day :biggrin:

#20 ·
"We can rebuild him,faster,stronger......."a little joke for us older guys.:wink:

#22 ·
:wink:I try HAPPY THANKSGIVING ya evil mean horrible trophy hunter:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

#25 ·
Circle gets the square.PRIZE HUNTER,we have a new term,and i like it.Does it come with a decoder ring?hint...(eat more oveltine):whistling:

#29 ·
ahh PT i like the massage the best:biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.