Deer Hunting Forums banner

Missed a nice buck.....

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  joel the signman 
#1 ·
Well today was a great day for hunting. It fell a monsoon all night. This morning i saw a few does feeding. But after they came thru it was quite. This evening was one of those picture perfect evenings we all look for. So I was sitting in my stand pre-occupied watching some squirrels chasing each other around(it was very amusing). I hear a little twig snap behind me, when i looked heres a brute standing 20 yards away. After waiting about ten minutes to be able to stand up and draw my bow back without spooking him i shot..... my arrow caught the smallest little twig and sent it square into a pine tree:crybaby:..anyway that hunting. he jumped into some thick cover and started feeding again...i couldnt get another shot....My question is how long should i wait to try hunting this spot again?. I waited about an hour after dark to climb down out of my stand to hopefully not spook him more..

#13 ·
nice deer :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.