Deer Hunting Forums banner

wild dogs keep ruining myhunt

5K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  cronarct 
#1 ·
im hunting in nc, and we have been dealing with wild dogs running through the property and it messing up our hunt. the dogs are wild and they look sick and they are very unfriendly. what should i do to get rid of them.

#2 ·
Well there are two main options....you could see if you could get some animal control officers out there....or you could treat them like you would a coyote that is doing the same thing....

Dogs like that can hurt the deer BAD....they can literally run deer so long that they die from over exhaustion.

#5 ·
Feral Dogs are no differant than coyotes, and I have no problem dispatching them. These are not pets, and you must remember they are taking down game. Here in Montana the law allows the taking out of dogs running game.

Like I said, feral dogs are not pets.

#10 ·
Shoot everyone you see. Collar, no collar. I know first hand how fast they can ruin a property. Once they start chasing they will never stop and will always come back until dispatched. They will run every single deer off of there to the next county if left alone. Call animal control and their tromping around will run everything off. 22mag. works well.:mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.