Deer Hunting Forums banner

Politics

8K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  buckfever 
#1 ·
There aren't too many days left until our country will be voting on another president, and I just wanted to encourage everyone to take part in the democracy they hold so dearly. We all love our country and the freedoms it gives us. We all complain when the government does something we don't agree with but have the time the majority of our citizens won't make their voice heard....Go out and vote!

While I know you are never suppose to talk politics with anyone because arguments can happen, I have recently read that the Sportsman Vote is a big turnout and something that candidates fight for. I had two questions for y'all:

1. Who all on here will actually vote?

2. What candidate will you vote for?

I personally think Ron Paul would be the best candidate to vote in to the White House, but I will probably end up voting for McCain and Palin in order to help them beat Obama.

I do not wish to start and argument or to offend anyone, just simply wondering and looking for a mature DISCUSSION of the matter.

Have a good one!

See less See more
#28 ·
Yes I'm impressed with the professional responses and respect you all show cuz this seems like a topic that could get out of control but my hat goes off to all you fellas. Now I may be a little ignorant here but the mechanic at work was mentioning something about Obama being sworn in by the Koran if he were to win. Now he was sort of disgusted at the idea but can anybody enlighten me a little. Now keep in mind that I wasn't speaking directly to him kinda just caught a few words but what is Koran anyway?

#29 ·
The Koran is considered by Muslim to be there version of the Bible, it's a seperate book, and most theologians consider it a possible aid to the bible, yet seperate from the scriptures. As like the Jewish (orthodox) don't believe in the new testament, and still live in accordance to the laws of Moses, the Koran is a continuation of the old testament. Put in the simpliest form. As there were alot of writings that never became part of the bible, nor considered to be inspired by God.

#31 ·
Can you imagine the gun control we will see if there is a Democrat President, Congress and Judiciary? Not to mention the huge increase we will see in goverment giveaways. What Obama says he will do is scary enough, can you think what he wants to do that he is not talking about?

You can write this down; Obama will pull out of Iraq and within a year he will have in something a whole lot worse in Africa. There is nothing we can do about Darfor, we need to stay out of it. Let the rest of the world pick up the slack if they choose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.