Deer Hunting Forums banner

NY'S season opener

5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Rozman62 
#1 ·
Well tomorrow at sunrise we start the southern zone bow season.i'm all packed ,the cloths are sprayed down and hanging on the line.the bow is shooting great the broadhead's are razor sharp the day pack is packed just got to make some lunch and get some sleep.To everyone who's going out tomorrow good luck.aim truebring back some:photo: for us.hopefully i'll have some for yall

#6 ·
thanks all just checking in gotto hit the sack .430 is the starting bell got an hour drive then a little walk so i can be on stand with 45min to sunrise at 713.temps are dropping supposed to be 30 in the am with frost on the ground.thats a deer hunters forecast if i ever heard one.I got high hopes.man i love this feeling,gonna be good hunting good luck to all who venture forth tomorrow

#9 ·
well i only got to get out saturday but it was a good/bad day hunting.I got to my spot and sat till 900 am not seeing any deer but a red tail hawk flew down and landed on a dying tree 20yrds away that was neat.i was starting to get cold and cramped up so i figure i'll still hunt the powerline,i know the does bed in there.I make my down to the powerline when i see movement 50yrds out.i try to get closer.i see its a nice doe but its still too far.i inch closer but everything is dry and crunchy the deer knew something was up but didnt run .i was using the oaks to block her view .i got to what i thought was 30 yrds and draw back.perfect broadside shot.i hit the release.thwack,bang crash.my arrow goes smashing off some unseen tree limb.the deer bolts about 10 yrds and stops.i do my best deer mouth calling and she gets curious and starts coming back.again presenting me with a shot .again the arrow connects with some unseen limb and goes well under the deer .this time she didnt stick around.i found the first arrow.the magnus broadhead was smashed off at the base,never did that before it also popped off the nock .i searched for a good hour for he other arrow,no luck.I went to the car to eat lunch.after lunch .i put on a foot pad and some golden estrus scent and walked to my spot then made scent trails all over the place all winding past my shooting lanes.At about 530 i notice movement to my right a nice doe coming in on my scent trail she stops at 15 yrds broadside to sniff the scent i poured on the ground.thwack,beautiful pasthru,double lunger.she runs 10 yrds stops looks around and then does the death dash.i had little time left to find her so i got on the blood trail quick.I found the arrow and then her.the drag out killed my back so i slept in on sunday.not feeling to good today i think im coming down with a cold.sorry no pics of the doe,i was too tired plus i forgot the camera and we all know what a doe looks like .I still got pleanty of tags left anyway

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.