Deer Hunting Forums banner

lime

9K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  Jakestir 
#1 ·
how much is a bag of lime usually

#10 ·
those ph testers work but like ronn said they wont tell you what you need to add otherwise do the soil samples if you skimp in the begining your going to pay through the nose the whole rest of the time

#11 ·
There's alot of difference in lime also, some limes take a couple of years to dissolve. I've been told to use a powder or water mix and spray the lime as this works faster. Like ronn said, the more we learn the better our $ go. This plot planting, there is a lot to it and many reasons for it to fail. Read everything you can before spending. The first thing I will do for any new food plot is to kill everything and start with a weed seed free soil and get the lime to it and disk it in. Even with a 7.6 ph I could tell the difference in plant growth with unlimed areas. Clovers put nitrogen into the soil so you should use a fertilizer with a low first number after plants are established. Keep the weeds out and hope mother nature puts down some rain after seeding.

G
#12 · (Edited)
When trying to cniuo

When trying to cniuogfre the share and follow plugin using the settings dashboard the changes will not save. When I click any of the update settings buttons I am automatically taken to the wordpress general settings page, when I click back into the share and follow settings dashboard the changes are not stored.Any thoughts on what might be causing this?I've tried deleting the plugin and re-installing, thus far this has not resolved the issue.Very frustrating as it seems like such an amazing plugin and one I'm keen to benefit from using.

#15 ·
your local conservation dept should be able to help and whitetail institute does it also

#17 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.