Deer Hunting Forums banner

Bucks!!!

6K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Hunting Man 
#1 · (Edited)
This buck is the one that I have a shed from as a 4.5year old (last year)......the one in front isn't too bad either

Last Year

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
This is absolutly going to sound completly crazy (I think so too) but I cannot hunt out there! I know CRAZY! But it is my Grandfather's land and for some reason he thinks that if he lets me hunt out there the rest of the family (who doesn't spend all their money/time on the deer) who lives in Dallas will want to come down here and hunt too.....and 'take' all the deer....I know crazy but there really is nothing I can do but hope he will eventually change his mind.......My other Grandfather is the one who takes me hunting down at his place in Cuero, TX so to answer your question bigbucks I don't use either out their where those deer are but I do use a rifle...

#10 ·
You mean to tell me that his grand-daughter can't hunt her grandpappy's farm! This isn't right. Can't Dad get involved to put some heat on grand-dad.Time to twist his arm a bit not too much to hurt him just enough to convince him its for his own good. Seriously ETD those are throphy class bucks. So for now the hale bail blind is the camera blind intill grandad takes off his blinders. I hope he conceeds and sees the oppertunity to share/experience the grand-daughter's delight in shooting a giant buck on Pappy's farm. Maybe if we here at this site use the power of our conjoined minds and pressure grandad in relenting, it may work. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I feel him weakening already.

#11 ·
Well said HM.. ETD your gonna have to bring grandpa to the computer and show him all the hunters across the U.S. thats wanting you to get a chance to hunt these bucks.. And if that dont work tell him I'll send him a couple jars of homemade peach jam if he will let you hunt.. Fresh TN peachs just picked and jar'ed a couple weeks ago. :biggrin:

#12 · (Edited)
Thanks for the thoughts....I, personally have not asked him, but my dad said that he has 'hinted' it around, to be honest I am not sure if he has even done that.....the thing with the family coming down to hunt is the ONLY excuse they have....as to why exactly I cannot go hunting out there is beyond me, I have already 'proved myself' by taking the an 8 point last year (my first deer) with my other Grandfather, it was a good hit, the buck ran only about 40-55 yards before colapseing.....they support me and everything but when it comes time to actually asking to go they pretty much shut down and never give me an answer...I tend to get kinda emotional about this so I have pretty much stopped asking since last year when it really became clear that I can only 'look'.:sad: But I can look forward to going with my other Grandfather this year, so it's not all bad.

#13 ·
Here's the new plan, ETD puts out a notice which ever grandpa you shoot the biggest buck with will receive ......... you fill in the blank. Make it special to really put the pressure on. Or, maybe a good sit down face to face meeting with grandpa telling him how special it would make you feel by alowing you to hunt his property. You know one of those grampa/grandaughter things moments. You go into the meeting not backing down till he says ok. You can do it! You might drop the remark about, "you know about that 8pt I shot with grampa"..... He will give in, ETD use the force! Don't let him turn to the dark side.

#17 ·
ETD, If Grandpa gives you permission "buckfever" will send him a couple of jars of homemade peach jam,,,
well along with that, I'll send him a Pint of Vermont Maple Syrup.
How can any man refuse such a deal??? :w00t:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.