Deer Hunting Forums banner

Put My Trail Camera Out

18K views 76 replies 11 participants last post by  joel the signman 
#1 ·
Well Maybe Its Alittle Early But I Did It I Put Out My Trail Camera.the Only Reason I Put It Out Is Beacuse I Seen A Huge Track And Want To See What It Is.we'll See.anybody Else Put Theres Out Yet?

#9 ·
Muleskinner,hope You Have Alot Of Pics.please Post Some.i Have' Nt Checked Mine In A Couple Of Days But All I Have To Do Is Walk Behind My House.i Have,nt Had A Chance To Go To My Property(485 Acers) To Put Up My Cameras With My Wedding This Sat June 21 I've Been Super Busy.i Have Off All Next Week So I'll Be Putting Them Out.i Want To Cut A Few Shooting Lanes And Clearing And Thinning.

#14 ·
Thanks, I'm definitely going to watch that deer in the last two pics. The deer around here have about 80 days of growing left, and at the rate of 1" per day that one looks like it may be pretty good by then. IDK...might end up in the 150" + range.

#15 ·
good looking deer.i got a question,the deer look like they are in a fenced in area ,is that a food plot or garden,did they hop the fence or do you have an entrence for them?it seems like a good way to get them to pose for the camera:thumbup:

#17 ·
Thanks for the comments, that particular spot is a staging area to go into a watering hole. It is usually a good spot to see deer through the summer, but not so much during season. It just happens to be at the edge of my hunting property. The deer come out of some thick timber just behind the camera into this less thick timber along the edge...it was cleared several years ago to build the fence through there. They do not cross the fence here often, usually they just come out into the open to get a drink. Sometimes though I will tie the top and bottom wires together when I want to funnel them through a crossing.

John

#18 ·
:thumbup:thanks for the answer

#20 ·
I sure hope so...I put out another camera yesterday, and hopefully will snap a pic of some different bucks. There was certainly a bunch of tracks at this spot. I need to move a camera to another property soon to try to find a buck that got away last year. He was a 150 class 3y/o last year, and I can't wait to see what he is this year. I will post up with any success.

John

#21 ·
I am so jealous of you camera people.I have nowhere to put one up.It seems like a nice addition to the scouting routine

#29 ·
its simple i hunt state land and stuff walks away.Do you leave 100$ bills laying around for anyone to take?Neither do i

G
#27 ·
I'm always at risk of losing a camera due to this open land thing here in NH. Hunting Man, they have some that will e-mail you your pictures. They are quite pricey though and then there is the service. I think I saw one that the camera was $500 or so and the service is like $100 for the year. You would still have to go check the batteries and stuff but it is possible but maybe not worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.