Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - deer camp
Thread: deer camp
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 03:53 PM

Well now that you asked: on the food side the guys from N Carolina bring seafood that they caught and then we make a giant pot of seafood soup. This would include scallops, clams, shrimp, fish, oysters, corn. We then put two marinated deer hind quarters on a mesquite coal fire and slow cook all day. Food is always one of the big draws to camp. I like to put on a perch & walleye fish dinner. I have been extreemly lucky to have been a part of the old time deer camp group. Michigan hunters also are into deer camps like I have described. Hunting with friends for so many years has been a major blessing for me. If I had to hunt alone I'm afraid that I would quickly loose interest. We generally have three weeks that we get together: bow season, rifle and flintlock season. We share duties, help drag in the deer, set up stands, and try and outdo each other in stories. In all the years we have only lost one permanet member (my brother) which is unbelieveable in todays times. I will try and post some buck pole photos after Monday when I get the new printer/scanner.