Deer Hunting Forums banner

fav rifles

7K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  ronn 
G
#1 ·

Top: My .338 win mag. Its an 03A3 that was bored out to .338. Bell and Carlson black and spider web stock, Timney trigger, Pentax Whitetails Unlimited 3.7 X 11 scope. Love this gun! light, quick handling, and will take down anything in North America. most of all shoots FANTASTIC.

Middle: My new Rem model 7 in .260 rem. with a 3 X 10 Pentax Light Seeker 30. Like it a lot but haven't used it much. Kinda like being on that first date with someone. light, a lot less recoil than the .338, nice trigger thanks to OneHorse.

Bottom: This is the rifle I shoot the most. Rem model 700 in 22.250. 26" heavy barrel. 3.8 X 12 Simmons Atec scope. again sweet trigger thanks to OneHorse sharing the adjustment deal. Cold shot a woodchuck at 540 yards with a Hornady 40 gr moly coated V-Max.

See less See more
#5 ·
My First On Is Brand New Winchester Sxr In A 300wsm Topped With A Nikon 3.5-10x50 Scope
Second One Is My Tc Encore In A 25-06 Topped With A Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x40
And Last And My Personal Favorite Is This Classic Savage Mdl 99 Fetherweight Take Down In A 300 Sav.topped With A 2-7x32 Scope.

#7 ·
Thank You.that Mdl 99 Is Super Old.i Have Had It Now For 20yrs.its A Family Hand Me Down From My Father And From My Dads Dad.(grampa)i Did A Ser.# Check On It Years Ago And Its Dated Back To The Mid 20's.my Gandpa Did All The Diamond Work To It He Was A Gun Smith.all The Diamonds Are Deer Antler.its In Near Mint Cond.i Never Take It Out Hunting Allthough I Have Harvested A Couple Of Deer With It.but I'm Affraid To Scratch It.

G
#8 ·
i think the one my dad had was built in 29. those with schnabel fore stock are all old i think that's what makes them worth something. i saw one that was from the 70's, i think, and it was a hunk of junk. crap wood, no schnable, just junk. savage has gone back and forth a bunch times. right now they are pretty good.

#11 ·
good looking stuff.im gonna have to post up some of mine one of these days

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.