Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Baiting Deer
Thread: Baiting Deer
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 10:10 AM
B&C 180 Class

the baiting issue in NY is a pain in the rear.the DEC outlawed feeding of wildlife just recently.thats all wildlife.bird feeders too.the storry i got is too many racoons and bears takig advantage of the free food.the birds dont migrate if ya feed em and drop dead if ya stop.the deer arent part of the equation.Before they stopped feeding of wildlife it was legal to feed the animals but not deer for the fear of CWD.I knew guys that would spend 1000$ on cracked corn and hunt near feeders.not for me but if its legal go for it.So now you got guys feeding the deer big time trying to "hold "the deer on thier property. it started all kinds of trouble..Afterall how dare i shoot your deer.personally im glad the law is in place it makes it "fair"alll around.also the dec said the deer corn was bad for the deer.I dont by that cuz deer in those cornbelt areas grow mighty fine
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky