Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Turkey talk
Thread: Turkey talk
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 06:46 PM
B&C 140 Class

Think my first question is.. Are you trying to blind hunt or stock hunt ? Blind hunting you realy need to do some pre season scouting, more than you would need to do for stalking. You would need to be able to set close to a traveled area. Stocking, you could go in while still realy low light with howl call n shock gobble a Tom and locate him n close the distance before they fly down.
Can give much more detail if I knew your idea, as far as calls. Mouth calls take much work to learn, defiantly not the night before buy n use call for anyone. Box calls are great but mostly used on windy days by most because of their loud voice and carry sound much farther, but can call soft with practice. This call will also with a cutting clip sound awesome and add rubber band anhold backwards n most will make a pretty great jake gobble sound. I love pot calls be they are slate, glass. Realy great at yelps, kee Kees, clucks, purring. And most important soft sound.
A bottom dollar pot would be a " lil dues" can get at wal-mart for about 12 bucks I think an is a great call for the money.