Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Remington Model 700 and Model 7 Trigger Recall
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 11:27 AM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by turner View Post
Selling it, or leaving it to someone in the future as NOT being documented as fixed is quite another.
Interesting, but let me ask you this: they put out the product in the first place with an apparent flaw, so what makes you think they are any more qualified than I am to correct it? All they state in the recall is that they will "inspect and clean" the trigger. I can do that, and if it functions safely then there is no such issue. I've built and worked on many firearms in my life.

Since GM knew for 10 years that their cars had faulty ignition switches, are you going to automatically assume that they can fix it with a better switch and that suddenly they are magically transformed into a safe, caring, loving corporation that gets everything right?

All you get with the recall is a piece of paper saying that they fixed it. It may or may not be any safer than it was before. And following the basic rules of gun safety will take you much, much farther than that piece of paper.