Deer Hunting Forums banner

Went to Doctor

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  onehorse 
#1 ·
I went to the doctor today cuz I couldn't take it any longer found out I have a herniated disc in my lower back.

#5 ·
critter, I can relate to your pain and hope you can get some relief. I get to go see the neurosurgen on 3/31 to see what he can do for a royal pain in the neck, c-5,c-6. A long time ago drinking and a swimming pool made for a diving accident. Each time the disks move it's hell for a couple of weeks. Neck & back pain is no laughing matter! I'm really a bit concerned on going under the knife, heard a few bad stories on people coming out with more pain. I'm not sure that's possible????

#6 ·
OUCH I can relate to your pain. I have the same problem but not as bad as it was a few years ago. The discs were bulging out and hitting some spinal nerve that sent sharp, breath taking pain all the way down to my toes. With PT and pills the pain is still there just not as bad as it once was. I wish you the best in recovery.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
ouch sorry to hear you joined the club.No wonder sometimes we are all cranky I got bad disks at c2-3-4-5-6 then an older injury at L4-5-S1 the Drs have done "everything" means "heres lots of drugs that you wouldnt normally take,"Doc i dont do drugs.OK heres some other stuff.1-2YRs later the pain keeps you up at night posting on the deer hunting forums at 400 am Next thing they want to stick BIG NEEDLES in your spine and neck they dont work .Then next thing you know your taking those pills no strong man wants to take after all None of us are "addicts" becarful ,because thats what they want to do.I'm waiting to go under the "knife" i talk to people they say "dont do it ,one wrong slice thats it"You way the options pain ,PAIN ,everyday pain,mean to the wife ,nasty ,etc.hey Doc let me try those pills .Sorry to go on a rant critter your story hit a "NERVE" my advice is try all the back stretching exercises. avoid the pills as long as possible.Be nice to the family ,enjoy the outdoors as much as you can.

#8 · (Edited)
Ouch Ouch Ouch... Critter I hope you're able to find some comfort soon...
and Joel you're right on about the "Crankyness" that the pain causes, we can't control the pain
no matter what we do but we can try to control the "Crankyness" that stems from the pain.
Especially when it affects our loved ones.

#9 ·
Hey thanks guys I've had lots of back pain for about 15+ years now and I have had this type of pain before to but it has never lasted this long at a time before. I always have and probably always wiil have some form of back pain. And at 6'4" being 270lbs. does not help either.

#14 ·
Don't know too much about herniated disks, but have had sciatic nerve problems which really hurt as well as minor back strains, etc. Man, that stuff does hurt! At least you know what the problem is now, and I hope you're getting good treatment for it. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.