Deer Hunting Forums banner

wintery mix

10K views 50 replies 8 participants last post by  gfdeputy2 
#1 ·
winter is bringing snow, rain, sleet, midweek possibly a whole lot of snow tues/wed. Global warming sure is evident here in Ohio....:whistling::shocking:

#2 ·
Yeah Global warming is killing us, according to Al Gore the Polar Ice caps were supposed to be all melted and gone by 2011,
and according to the experts, there's currently 60% more Ice now vs. 2006 when Gore claimed the Ice caps would be gone.
Al Gore should be ashamed of himself for using such ridiculous fear tactics to amass his fortune and receiving undeserved rewards/prizes.

#8 ·
well as they say here in New England "We got ah Wicked Storm ah Comin"
looking at 6-12" calling for more every time I look at the weather so I stopped looking

#9 ·
woke up this morning to near white-out conditions outside. supposed to get 8+ inches. Had about 1/2" if ice Sat/Sun already making road conditions horrible. Our county made it known they ran out of salt and won't be getting anymore anytime soon. Yay!

#11 ·
We're all closed here. Went to wal-mart this afternoon and might have been 10 ppl in whole store. Fastest checkout I've ever had!

We have about 7 inches right now and still coming down pretty good. Really powdery snow- I could almost use my leaf blower and be more successful than my shovel!

#14 ·
:green: wow, hard to believe near white out conditions here again. I have about 3 hours to clear a foot of snow that had 30 mph winds behind it last night. Still snowing here as of 9am. Calling for another1-3" for today :shocking: I have to go back to when I was 10-12yers old to remember a winter like this one. Ya it was the 60's. :nerd:

#26 ·
Well, just to make everyone feel better (warmer) it was 4F at my house this morning, and we're supposed to get "Taku Winds" tonight (Native term for williwaws that howl up the fjord at 70mph or so). Taku winds are always good at providing free firewood in the terms of windfall as long as your house or garage isn't on the receiving end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.