Deer Hunting Forums banner

wintery mix

10K views 50 replies 8 participants last post by  gfdeputy2 
#1 ·
winter is bringing snow, rain, sleet, midweek possibly a whole lot of snow tues/wed. Global warming sure is evident here in Ohio....:whistling::shocking:

#28 ·
cold here also -0*. It's been a long post surgery rehab but head back to work Friday. We're down 2 supervisors right now so work schedule will be brutal through June with three supervisors covering 7 days a week 24 hrs/day. Hopefully winter starts to wind down as a frozen refinery is a really bad thing especially on mid-night shift. We don't have maintenance on night shift but have to call them in when needed. One thing for sure, there will not be a spring drought, maybe floods as the snow melts!!

#32 ·
We have a daughter in Marietta, GA.They're getting ice.Its coming to PA with 12 inches predicted.4 degrees at 7:30 this morning.All we do is get groceries between storms and shovel snow.As soon as we get good travel weather for a couple days we're heading to Florida.

#40 · (Edited)
I know there's a funny story floating around for years about someone who moves to a northern state and loves it until they experience their first winter and encounters with snowplows.This happened to me today.After 12 inches of snow on top of last weeks 6 inches the snowblower won't start.So,I started to shovel.Two young guys with shovels came along looking for work.I paid them to finish the job.They had just walked out of sight when the plow came along widening the road and blocked the end of the driveway with snow and ice chunks.So,I shoveled it out again.The plow came back an hour later and did it again.I said the heck with it.Now at 9:45 pm its really coming down.Supposed to get 4 inches overnight.After a one day break we're going to get more snow.I do appreciate the plows though.

#41 ·
woke up to 5 or 6" of new snow and it's 23 degrees,
snows still coming down pretty good though so I'll wait awhile before heading out to do my plowing ...

#44 ·
Not over yet calling for 2-5" later today another storm Tuesday then 40's starting Thursday with rain possible through next weekend gonna be a mess
tractor work today to push the snow banks back

#49 ·
snowed a lot throughout the day today but we only got about an inch at my house southern Vermont got hammered with another 6 to 9 inches...

#51 ·
had anothe 5" yesterday now a few days in the 30's - 40's with snow/ice mix tomorrow then back down to teens - 20's
really hating winter right now
shooting the bow in the basement every night cause all I see of my 3D target is the tips of antlers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.