Deer Hunting Forums banner

Best ways to bait squirrels

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  on_the_fly 
#1 ·
I have been trying to shoot some squirrels in my back yard that have been doing some harm to my mom's plants. I am trying to get them to the ground so I don't have the risk of shooting over the neighbors fence. I need some good bait to put an arrow through them. They are a big problem here to everyone in the town. I use a long bow to shoot them. I am really accurate with the bow, but my parents won't let me shoot them in the trees. So I need some bait to get them down. I am hoping this will bring overall more wildlife (more crows and squirrels). Those are the things I like to hunt. Anyone got a good bait that attracts lots of crows and squirrels? I am only 10 so I am hoping it will be simple.

#2 ·
Only way I can answer this is:
make sure it is legal especially since it sounds like you are close to your neighbors
here in NH there are seasons on squirrels & crows
also make sure baiting is legal it may sound stupid as they are just pests but I do not want to promote illegal activity
if all that checks out both squirrels & crows like corn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.