Deer Hunting Forums banner

Mountain Rifle

5K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  BruceBruce1959 
#1 ·
Got it today, while used, it was as described and in very nice condition. I'll post a picture tomorrow. 50 cal Browning Mountain Rifle percussion.

#4 ·
Got into the mood I guess and won a A&H 50 cal Mountain Rifle auction. Will get it next week. There is a reason for the two purchases and as time goes on I'll reveal the plan. This rifle is a lot lighter than the Browning, if one was going to carry it in the Colorado mountains, and is of nice striped maple stock, stark contrast to the walnut stocked Browning. Anyway, I had a couple of openings in the vault so......:whistling:

#7 · (Edited)
yup! and that led to another......:bye: Check out the Austin and Halleck line. They went out of business but their guns are getting good money now. High quality ML, shame they couldn't stay in business. If you can find an unfired mountain rifle the price is 600-800.00. I would like one in flint some day. Wish list or in my case, bucket list....

#9 ·
The resting part is getting old, I'll have plenty of time to rest some day. I get to go blow snow and get ready for the next artic blast coming. GFD2 you are right, the lap top makes buying too easy. I too like black powder guns especially flints and sidelocks. Buy them right and no money lost or family will be happy some day! Sometimes I feel like a foster home to guns just waiting for a new owner to pass on to. I'm pretty sure I go back to work Feb 14th, good thing as I can pay for all this sitting and foster care buying.:ph34r:

#13 ·
the new A&H Mountain rifle arrived. The rifles had very nice figured maple wood stocks. The A&H rifle has a great trigger with enough adjustment to make it a lb or two if one wanted it that low. It's really a shame that A&H went out of business. The rifle looks very close to a Hatfield mountain rifle and I wonder if the two are the same??

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.