Deer Hunting Forums banner

weekend

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  gfdeputy2 
#1 ·
Heading out for 2 days of final bow season hunting. I have an either/or tag for Ohio and a low freezer inventory. I know the son wants a final crack at the big buck but weather will be against us, wind/snow. I get out of the house after a very long haul, Nov 20th, and hopefully one of us puts a tag on something. Tuesday I get results on the CT scan yesterday so I will enjoy the weekend!!:yes:

#3 ·
Congrats to you & your son on filling the freezer HM
wish our season wasn't over but heading to the bowshop this AM to hopefuly get my new string put on the new Mathews Thanks to the Bow String Depot will post pics when I get it done

#6 · (Edited)
probably 145-155 lb. Hopefully the pictures loaded. Son's has the horse head. These are a 3 and 4 year old does. We saw 5 young does tonight and did not shoot anything. Son has my kill on video. That's it for this season, two does for me and loosing 3/4 of the season for surgery, no complaints!!! Son shot two does also. The big buck eluded him for this season. Archery late season.

Attachments

#8 ·
Congratulations !!! 2 very good looking doe's, See if your son can upload your Video, would love to see that. :thumbup::thumbup:

#12 ·
Hey, welcome to DHC. Late season archery is the final time to fill the tags and freezer. Sometimes everything happens in one sit and then nothing. My son and I were lucky last Friday night, the deer were moving and we were able to select two nice does to finish this season off. Next two sits and nothing shootable came in. This was my first time sitting in a blind with a heater. Seems after my recent heart surgery my feet and hands are more prone to cold so the heater was a bonus. Anyone else getting some late hunting? Ohio hunting runs long, couple more weeks are left.

#13 ·
wanted to get out & do some clean up on the Yote population but am to busy & to darn cold out there it has been 5 to -10 here without the windchill so havent even thought about going to get a new license
Welcome to DHC Hunterdad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.