Deer Hunting Forums banner

Having troubles

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Paul Blair 
#1 ·
Well I have been having troubles shooting the past 5-6 times I've been hunting. I had noticed that I am flinching when I squeeze the trigger and therefore missing my shots. It's been frustrating, but I worked on my shooting the other day and I thought I had everything fixed. Well tonight, walking back to the truck, I came up on a doe that was 20 yds from me (I came over a ridge) and she had a fawn right next to her. It was almost too dark to shoot, but with her being only 20 yds away I could see her plain and clear. I shot, it felt good, but with the smoke from the ML I did not see where she went. Her fawn ran right towards me and stopped about 5 yds away. Going to go back in the morning and hopefully I can find some blood. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :)

#2 ·
that's one of the reason I don't ML hunt. Hope you hit her good and she is very close and you find her before any other critters do. Is it cold enough were ever you are for it to still be good by tomorrow morning?

#3 ·
Went out this morning and found nothing. No blood, no blood trail, no nothing. Just about makes me sick. I seriously don't know. The only thing I can think of is that I have started flinching when I shoot. I missed a doe in rifle season and now 4 does in ML season. My firearms are sighted in and zeroed perfectly. It has to be operator error. Going out tonight for the last hunt of the season. Hoping I get a doe, going to try to focus on squeezing the trigger and NOT flinching or pulling it. wish me luck

#4 ·
Went out this morning and found nothing. No blood, no blood trail, no nothing. Just about makes me sick. I seriously don't know. The only thing I can think of is that I have started flinching when I shoot. I missed a doe in rifle season and now 4 does in ML season. My firearms are sighted in and zeroed perfectly. It has to be operator error. Going out tonight for the last hunt of the season. Hoping I get a doe, going to try to focus on squeezing the trigger and NOT flinching or pulling it. wish me luck
go get ya a big ole nanny doe. I have done that before. I don't even think about the trigger anymore. I stay focused on the cross hairs and slow my breathing and just very slowly start putting pressure on the trigger until BANG, I was told long ago that you should be surprized when it goes off if not your paying to much attention to the gun fireing

#5 ·
I think that's exactly what I'm doing HB. Thinking about it too much. Well this season is over for me, pumped about next year already! :) Last night was a BEAUTIFUL sunset- great way to end a hunting season. Thank God everyday for this wonderful privilege!

I hope and pray there is hunting in heaven!!!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.