Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Help Spooked a Big Buck!
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Scrub Buck

Default Help Spooked a Big Buck!

I've been working my tail off trying to get good shots on some big does on my 10 acres. They keep getting just out of range and I cant get them in close. I've also been seeing huge buck tracks, biggest tracks I've ever seen and about 3 weeks ago started seeing his scrapes in my field. I set up my stand just off one and have been hunting it off and on since. I finally saw this buck tonight and he was coming straight at me from behind my stand...go figure! I cleared most my shooting lanes in front of me and only had one behind me...I know stupid! Anyways he was walking perfectly, directly into that lane I drew back and grunted as he entered the lane. I couldn't believe it he looked at me and never broke stride just kept walking! I wanted to shoot but held back in fear of only wounding him. He stopped and only gave me a gut or butt shot. Then he continued to the other side of my tree. To get a shot on the other side I had to release my draw and in doing so I hit my arrow and made some noise!!! He bolted 10 feet straight away from me then directly to my right into my wood line. Once he got in he stopped running so I tried calling him back. He turned around started heading back but wouldn't come out of the woods. What do you guys think will he come back? I am so frustrated right now after all the hard work!! Hope I didn't wreck the spot!! Time for some whiskey...STRAIGHT!