Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - do deer return after being spooked?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

Default Spooked a buck!

I've been working my tail off trying to get good shots on some big does on my 10 acres. They keep getting just out of range and I cant get them in close. I've also been seeing huge buck tracks bigger then I've ever seen before and about 3 weeks ago started seeing his scrapes in my field. I set up my stand just off one and have been hunting it off and on since. I finally saw this buck tonight and he was coming straight at me from behind my stand...go figure! I cleared most my shooting lanes in front of me and only had one behind me...I know stupid! Anyways he was walking perfectly, directly into that lane I drew back and grunted as he entered the lane. I couldn't believe it he looked at me and never broke stride just kept walking! I wanted to shoot but held back in fear of only wounding him. He stopped and only gave me a gut or butt shot. Then he continued to the other side of my tree. To get a shot on the other side I had to release my draw and in doing so I hit my arrow!!! He bolted 10 feet straight away from me then directly to my right into my wood line. Once he got in he stopped running so I tried calling him back. He turned around started heading back but wouldn't come out of the woods. What do you guys think will he come back? I am so frustrated right now after all the hard work!! Hope I didn't wreck the spot!! Time for some whiskey STRAIGHT!
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote